Type: Dessert (Pie)
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Serves: However many you want (6-8 is what seems reasonable).
Results: Pretty good, this initial recipe is a bit sweet for me but I really like it. I will attempt less sugar next time (not dark corn syrup, that is important) and update this recipe as I go.
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3/4 stick (6 tbs) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup regular oats
- 1 unbaked, frozen 9-inch pie crust (I got really lazy here)
1. Preheat oven to 325 and place unbaked, frozen pie shell on baking sheet.
2. Cream sugar and butter.
3. Mix in eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla, scraping down sides of bowl.
4. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in oats.
5. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake at 325 for 45 minutes or until crust is brown and center is just a bit jiggly.
6. Enjoy fully by eating it!